Privacy & Legal Statement
Astanor is an impact investor, delivering financial, social and environmental returns in equal measure. We believe it is both possible and necessary to scale a regenerative, connected agriculture and food system which protects the planet and supports a healthy, sustainable global population. As such, Astanor brings together capital, deep sector knowledge and a strong network of entrepreneurs, impact investors, technologists, scientists, farmers, chefs, policy makers and food lovers to give rise to a future of food that is nourishing, regenerative, scalable, trusted and delicious.
3. General Statement
4. Collection of Personal Data
(a) How do we collect personal information?
If you contact us notably through the submission of forms on our Website, social media channels, by post, phone, email, or in person, we may retain the communication for records, including any information included within it. We also may make use of systems that collate publicly available information. In addition, there is information that is collected automatically when you visit our Website, such as IP addresses.
(b) What personal information do we collect from you?
You may communicate to us from time to time, in which context we may collect the following Personal Data:
- Name, job title and company name;
- Contact information including e-mail address and phone number;
- Employment and education details mentioned in any documents or resumes you send us;
- Information required for Astanor Ventures to meet legal and regulatory requirements, particularly in respect of anti-money laundering legislation;
- Meetings attended in and visits to our offices; and
- Electronic identification data such as information concerning the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the browser software and operating system of your computer, the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer and the internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the Website will be collected and stored;
- Traffic data (date/time you accessed the Website); and
- Any other information you send to us.
(c) How long will we retain information?
- As regards information you provided on our on-line forms: for the time necessary to respond to your question or handle your request. The retention of such information will normally not exceed two years from registration, unless you have requested us to delete such information or application, subject however to our legal obligations; and
- As regards technical data collected during your use of our Website: for a maximum period of time of six months from the date of collection.
Note that data may be kept longer for permitted purposes, upon prior notification to the data owner.
(d) How is the information used?
We use data (including personal data) for the following purposes and on the following lawful basis:
- To carry out any obligations under a contractual agreement or for pre-contractual measures between us (contractual basis);
- For our legitimate interests (to manage our relationship with you, for internal record keeping, to identify, evaluate, and execute in- and divestment opportunities);
- To monitor and support portfolio companies;
- To contact you for administrative and promotional purposes relating to our services, for internal record-keeping, to administer, protect and improve our Website, to handle potential claims and disputes): you can opt-out at any time by emailing email@example.com; and
- To comply with legal obligations, particularly in respect of tax, accounting, and anti-money laundering legislation (legal basis).
(e) Where is the information stored?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent any unauthorized access, use or disclosure, all information is securely stored with GDPR-compliant services.
(f) Who is the information shared with?
Consistent with any of the purposes mentioned above, we may share your data with:
- our business partners and third-party agents and contractors, such as e.g., intermediaries which introduced you to us, or professional advisors. personal data will only be transferred to a person who is contractually obliged to comply with appropriate data protection obligations and the relevant privacy and confidentiality legislation; and
- to the extent required by law, e.g., we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
(g) Where do we transfer your personal data?
Data-sharing may include transfers to companies or organizations in countries outside of the European Union / European Economic Area (EU/EEA) without an adequate standard of data protection. In these cases, we transfer personal data in accordance with the provisions of Data Protection Law on the international transfers of personal data, including by using appropriate safeguards to secure the transfer of your Personal Data and ensure its protection (such as Standard Contractual Clauses).
(h) What are your rights?
We respect your privacy rights. You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to the personal data we have on you; we process a large quantity of information, and can thus request, in accordance with GDPR, that before the information is provided, you specify the transaction, information or processing activities to which your request relates;
- Rectify your personal data that are incorrect and/or incomplete;
- Restrict or delete your personal data, in specific cases provided for by art. 17 and 18 GDPR;
- Object to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your particular situation. We will consider your objection and comply with it unless we have a compelling legitimate reason or for reasons of defending legal rights. In the case it is a matter of commercial prospecting, you may object without reason; and
- Request portability of your personal data, in certain cases (subject in particular to technical feasibility) and, where technically possible and with regard only to the data you have provided to us, to request receipt of your personal data in a structured and commonly machine-readable format.
To exercise any of these rights, you may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by postal mail:
Good Harvest Ventures Management S.àr.l.
46a, avenue J.F. Kennedy
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your data or any answer, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission – Luxembourg – cnpd.public.lu.
(i) Links to other websites
(k) Data Protection Officer
Antoine Cuny is appointed as Data Protection Officer for Astanor.
This document will be reviewed at least one time a year. Last updated: November 2021.